Skip to content
Wakefield Recreation Department
How to Register
For the best browsing experience, please upgrade to
IE 9 or greater
Skip to nav
Youth Boxing with Title
This program is currently unavailable. Click
to view all of our current programs.
Youth Boxing with * TITLE *
Wakefield Recreation is excited to team up with Title Boxing Club in Saugus located approximately 6 miles away from Reading on Route 1 South. Children will enjoy this 45 minute workout with a certified boxing trainer.
329 Broadway (Route 1 South)
Saugus, Massachusetts 01906
Many children are getting into the sport of boxing. Training in boxing will not only improve the body, it will improve the mind. Title Boxing classes include the following four components:
Children will begin each class with a solid stretch and calisthenics to prepare the body for punching or kicking the heavy bag during the rest of the workout. Think: lunges, squats, shadow boxing, jumping jacks and more to get the heart pumping.
Each of our youth boxing workouts consist of three-minute rounds where your trainer will lead you through a series of punches and kicks on the heavy bag. We’ll tell you, show you and teach you how to execute each move throughout the rounds.
Between each round we’ll keep the mind and body engaged with calisthenics for your active rest period. Each active rest period is one minute long. Children will have the opportunity to push their limits during this period or take a quick water break and jump right into the next round.
Core & Cool Down-
Your child will finish the class with strengthening and toning exercises for the core.
Goals and Benefits of this Class
– Boxing enables children to become more self-confident because it is an individual sport that allows them to progress at their own pace and are not compared to others.
– Our youth program challenges the entire body, developing coordination, balance, agility and poise.
Discipline & Activeness
– Boxing training will help your child to discover that through self-discipline and perseverance he or she can accomplish almost anything. Regular active training improves reflexes and teaches the child professionalism.
– Boxing is a great cardiovascular workout. Regular boxing training can help your child maintain a balanced heart rate and reduce his or her stress
– Boxing enhances the development of stronger bones and muscles and improves flexibility.
– Boxing training sessions help prevent obesity. A single workout can burn as many as 500 calories. Regular practice will help your child maintain a consistent and healthy body weight.
Dates: Fridays, January 25
– March 8
(no class on 2/22 due to February vacation)
Time: 3:30PM – 4:15PM
Location: Title Boxing, 329 Broadway (RT 1 South) Saugus, MA
* Adjustments and discounts will be applied during checkout if applicable. *
Return to Programs
View All Activities